250 Truth or Dares Over Text
Looking to add some excitement and intimacy to your long-distance relationships or virtual hangouts?
Truth or dare over text is the perfect way to turn a boring texting conversation into something far more interesting.
This list of 250 thought-provoking, saucy, and hilarious truth-or-dare questions will bring you and your friends hours of entertainment, although we can’t guarantee you won’t blush!
With questions ranging from flirty to outrageous, you’ll uncover surprising truths, test boundaries, and deepen connections from afar.
So grab your phone and get ready for some mischief.
How to Play Truth or Dare Over Text
Truth or dare is a classic game that’s often played at parties and sleepovers.
But you can also play it remotely over text messages to liven up everyday conversations!
Here’s a quick guide on how to play truth or dare via text:
1. Find Someone to Play With
You need at least one other person to play truth or dare. Text a friend, your significant other, a family member – anyone who would be down for a fun, revealing game.
2. Take Turns Choosing
Go back and forth, choosing “truth” or “dare.” If you pick truth, the other person texts you a question you must answer honestly. If you pick dare, the other person dares you to do something silly or outrageous. If you choose a dare, Facetime the other person or video yourself performing the dare and send it to them.
3. Get Creative
Part of the fun is coming up with the truths and dares! Really makes the other person think or step outside their comfort zone. We’ve helped you out with our comprehensive list below.
4. Be Open
To keep the game going, you both have to be willing to answer truthfully and complete the dares (as long as they’re reasonable/legal). If someone is uncomfortable with either the truth or dare question, do not insist they follow through. This game should be about fun, not shaming someone.
5. Don’t Text and Drive
If a dare requires you to do something, only do it if you can do so safely and legally! The game can continue next time you’re free.
Now you’re ready to text truth or dare all night long.
Just use our list of 250 questions and dares to keep the excitement going!
250 Truth or Dares Over Text
Spice up your virtual hangouts and long-distance relationships with this extensive list of 250 truth-or-dare questions over text. With flirty, thoughtful, and outrageous questions, these truths and dares are perfect for taking your texting to the next level and unlocking new conversations.
Funny Truth Questions Over Text
1. What was the most embarrassing moment of your life?
2. What is your guilty pleasure song?
3. What is the worst date you’ve ever been on?
4. What is the craziest thing you’ve done while drunk?
5. Have you ever farted loudly in class?
6. What is your most bizarre nickname?
7. What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?
8. Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction?
9. What is the dumbest thing you’ve done that actually turned out pretty well?
10. What is something you misunderstood as a child that makes you laugh now?
11. Who was your first celebrity crush?
12. What are some absurd ways you’ve tried to impress someone?
13. What’s the most childish thing you still do sometimes?
14. What topic could you give a 30-minute impromptu speech on?
15. What is the weirdest thing you used to believe as a child?
16. What skill would you like to master just to impress others?
17. What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?
18. What songs do you only know the lyrics to because you misheard them?
19. What’s the silliest thing you’ve convinced someone else of?
20. What’s the most ridiculous business idea or invention you’ve thought of?
21. What’s the most mortifying text or email you’ve accidentally sent?
22. What bizarre rituals or habits do you have before going to sleep?
23. What urban legends or conspiracy theories do you think are true?
24. What childhood activities do you wish were socially acceptable for adults?
25. What parenting fail did your parents make that you now find hilarious?
26. What irrational fears or phobias do you have?
27. What’s something you will NEVER understand, no matter how much it’s explained?
28. What silly thing has made you laugh uncontrollably?
29. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch because everyone else loves it?
30. What popular trends have you never participated in?
31. What historical figure would you rate as a solid 10/10 in looks?
32. What food do you want to ban and make illegal because you hate it so much?
33. What’s the most humiliating item currently visible in your room right now?
34. What body part do you wish you could detach and why?
35. What fictional place would be the most absurd place to live in real life?
36. What weird things does your body do that you’re pretty sure to happen to no one else?
37. What celebrities do you get confused with each other?
38. What apps or websites do you waste the most time on?
39. What popular movies or shows have you not seen that make people react in shock?
40. What songs do you play on repeat without ever getting bored of them?
41. What ridiculous myths or lies have you tricked someone else into believing?
42. What software or app are you shamefully bad at using?
43. What ridiculous fact or “fun fact” do you know that is only fun for you?
44. What irrational or nonsensical dealbreakers do you have when dating someone?
45. What’s something you would ban from society if you could?
46. What food have you never eaten but pretended you’ve tried?
47. What confession would make your family disown you?
48. What myths or urban legends do you insist are totally true?
49. What company or brand would make the worst personalized logo tattoo?
50. What unflattering impression of someone have you made behind their back?
Personal Truth Questions Over Text
51. What’s your biggest regret in life so far?
52. What’s your biggest insecurity?
53. What’s one thing you’d change about yourself if you could?
54. What’s the most cringey thing you’ve ever done on a date?
55. Have you ever faked sick to get out of a party?
56. What’s your biggest pet peeve about other people?
57. What’s the meanest thing you’ve ever said to someone else?
58. Do you hold grudges, or do you forgive easily?
59. What’s something you strongly believe in that others find ridiculous?
60. What’s your greatest weakness?
61. What’s your biggest fear?
62. What’s your biggest fantasy?
63. Do you have any hidden talents? What are they?
64. How often do you curse on a daily basis?
65. What’s the harshest insult someone has said to you?
66. What assumption do people often make about you that is completely untrue?
67. What compliment do you get the most from other people?
68. What recurring dreams/nightmares do you have? What do you think they mean?
69. What’s the most heartfelt gift you’ve ever received?
70. What advice would you give your younger self?
71. What belief did you have as a child that you no longer believe today?
72. What’s something you’ve had to unlearn?
73. What’s your biggest goal in life right now?
74. What’s your biggest disappointment in life so far?
75. What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
76. What’s one thing on your bucket list?
77. What’s something you wish your brain could unsee?
78. When was the last time you cried? What caused it?
79. What’s your biggest insecurity about your appearance?
80. What’s your biggest regret from high school?
81. What’s the most rebellious thing you did as a teenager?
82. Who was your first real crush?
83. What’s the most alcohol you’ve ever had at one time? Were there any consequences?
84. What’s the most distressing text in your phone right now? Who is it to/from?
85. What’s your go-to karaoke song?
86. What is one of your biggest fears or phobias?
87. What popular TV show or movie have you never seen?
88. What children’s movie could you watch over and over?
89. What skill would you be an absolute pro in if you had the time to dedicate to mastering it?
90. Who is your celebrity crush?
91. What hobby do you wish you could get into?
92. What is something that inspires you or restores your faith in humanity?
93. What is your absolute dream job (money or education requirements aside)?
94. What is something you are self-conscious about?
95. What is something not many people know about you?
96. What are you most thankful for in your life right now?
97. Do you have any hidden talents? What are they?
98. When was the last time you did something for the first time?
99. What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
100. If you could live in any fictional world or setting, which would you choose?
Juicy Truth Questions Over Text
101. Have you ever sexted someone?
102. Have you ever sent a nude selfie?
103. What’s one thing you’d never do, no matter how much money you were offered?
104. Have you ever cheated on someone?
105. What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done?
106. Have you ever hooked up with a friend’s ex?
107. What’s your number of past sexual partners?
108. What’s the fastest you’ve gone from meeting someone to hooking up with them?
109. Have you ever caught your parents doing it?
110. Have you ever fantasized about someone other than your significant other?
111. What’s the craziest place you’ve had sex?
112. Have you ever faked an orgasm?
113. What’s the longest you’ve gone without showering?
114. What’s the biggest lie you ever told your parents?
115. What’s the most inappropriate place you’ve masturbated?
116. Have you ever been walked in on while doing the deed?
117. What’s the most embarrassing search in your web history?
118. What’s the most illegal thing you’ve ever done?
119. Who’s one person you pretended to like but actually couldn’t stand?
120. What’s the biggest secret you’re keeping from your significant other?
121. Have you ever had a pregnancy scare?
122. What’s the most intimate piece of clothing you own?
123. Have you ever been caught checking someone out?
124. What body part do you find sexiest on another person?
125. What’s the hottest dream you’ve ever had? Tell me everything.
126. Have you ever hooked up with more than one person in a day?
127. What’s the oldest person you’ve ever been intimate with?
128. Where are you the most ticklish?
129. What’s your biggest turn-on?
130. What’s your biggest turn-off?
131. What’s the weirdest place you’ve ever gotten a hickey?
132. Have you ever faked sickness to get out of a bad hookup?
133. Who was your first kiss with? How was it?
134. Do you have any secret tattoos or piercings?
135. Have you ever fancied a close friend’s parent?
136. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done to impress a crush?
137. Have you ever ruined the mood by queefing during sex?
138. What’s the fastest you’ve said “I love you” at the start of a relationship? Did you mean it?
139. Have you ever stolen anything? What’d you steal?
140. What was your most heated romantic dream about someone you know?
141. What’s the most outrageous place you’ve had sex?
142. Have you ever been caught in the act? If so, by whom?
143. What’s your sexual fantasy you’re too embarrassed to admit?
144. What’s the furthest you’ve gone sexually in public?
145. What’s your top sexual fantasy?
146. What’s the fastest you’ve said “I love you,” and did you mean it?
147. What’s the craziest thing you’ve done in bed?
148. What’s the hottest celebrity you’d sleep with if given the chance?
149. Have you ever faked an orgasm?
150. What’s the kinkiest thing you’re willing to try in bed?
Outrageous Dare Questions Over Text
151. I dare you to let me spam your social media accounts for the next hour.
152. Go outside and scream, “I lost the game,” as loud as you can.
153. Let me send an embarrassing text about you to a random contact on your phone.
154. Eat a raw egg.
155. Put ten ice cubes down your pants and keep them there for 1 minute.
156. Let me feed your Facebook status for the next 24 hours.
157. Send a text pretending you’re breaking up with your significant other.
158. Pull out your most embarrassing photo and make it your Facebook profile pic for 1 hour.
159. Let me record a hilarious voicemail greeting with you for your phone.
160. Eat a spoonful of mustard.
161. Send me your best re-enactment of a scene from Twilight.
162. Post the 7th photo from your camera roll on Instagram with no caption.
163. Let me tweet something ridiculous from your Twitter account.
164. Send a flirty text to your crush using only emojis.
165. Tape your thumbs together for the next five rounds.
166. Talk in a British accent for the rest of the game.
167. Do 20 squats or push-ups on video call right now.
168. Pretend to be a robot until your next turn.
169. Send me a video of you hula hooping.
170. Make up a short rap song about me.
171. Post an unflattering selfie to social media.
172. Text your ex using only Beyonce lyrics.
173. Reenact your favorite animal mating ritual or call. Must be realistic!
174. Do your best celebrity impression for 1 minute straight.
175. Send me a video of you dancing without music.
176. Send a dramatic “coming out” text to your family, even if it’s not true.
177. Post the most ridiculous meme you can find on social media.
178. Video yourself saying pineapple five times fast.
179. Draw sharpie tattoos on yourself and show me.
180. Act out your life story using interpretive dance.
181. Make up a fake reveal about a celebrity and text it to your friends as fact.
182. Do 20 push-ups or squats on video call right now.
183. Send me your best animal reenactment on video.
184. Post the 4th text conversation in your history on social media.
185. Text me an embarrassing selfie at the most awkward angle.
186. Have a fake heated argument with yourself on video.
187. Do jumping jacks until your next turn.
188. Send me your best or worst baby photos.
189. Pretend to faint dramatically on video call.
190. Stand on your head for 30 seconds on video call.
191. Recreate a dramatic scene from a soap opera.
192. Send me a video tour of your fridge/pantry.
193. Post your browser history to social media (bonus if it’s embarrassing).
194. Make up a freestyle rap song about your life.
195. Message a random contact saying, “You up?” even if you know they aren’t.
196. Text your best friend, admitting your fake love for them.
197. Do a silly magic trick on video.
198. Send me your best/worst modeling poses.
199. Reenact an emotional scene from your favorite movie.
200. Demonstrate the proper technique for five different MCU superhero landings.
Hysterical Dare Questions by Text
201. Send me a video of you acting like a velociraptor.
202. Do an interpretive dance to the alphabet song.
203. Send a dramatic reading of your grocery list to your crush.
204. Message a random contact with a mysterious warning about the “danger noodles.”
205. Act out a Shakespearean monologue while doing squats.
206. Send a video review of your fridge like a pompous food critic. Use an accent!
207. Post an ad for your least favorite household item on Craigslist.
208. Leave a ridiculous voicemail for a random contact in your phone.
209. Send me your best impression of a popular TikTok dance.
210. Record yourself singing opera in the shower.
211. Message 10 random people asking if they think toucans have feelings.
212. Ask Siri the weirdest question you can think of. Send me the audio.
213. Text your BFF a long, overly dramatic message about your new pigeon lover.
214. Do the chicken dance on video and send it to me.
215. Pretend to be a customer service bot with bad programming.
216. Send me a video tour of your bedroom with a silly effect.
217. Record yourself telling a far-fetched story about how you saved the day.
218. Message your crush a cheesy pickup line in a foreign language.
219. Send me a video reenacting a dramatic scene from The Office.
220. Text 5 random people asking for turtle care advice.
221. Do jumping jacks while freestyle rapping about bananas. Send me a video.
222. Message your significant other a long rant about the tyranny of socks.
223. Record yourself doing a play-by-play of your current surroundings like a sports announcer.
224. Send me your best animal noises on video.
225. Text your best friend a recipe for unicorn poop cookies. Pretend it’s totally real.
226. Leave someone a voicemail singing the lyrics to your favorite song in a creepy voice.
227. Pretend to be a telemarketer selling something ridiculous. Record your sales pitch!
228. Recreate an annoying YouTube ad in front of your camera.
229. Do an interpretive dance depicting your daily morning routine.
230. Make bird calls out your window for 2 minutes straight.
231. Pretend to be a snake oil salesman talking about your ridiculous “medicinal cure.”
232. Send a dramatic reading of your favorite cereal box ingredients to your crush.
233. Recreate an emotional TV show scene incorporating a household item as a prop.
234. Freestyle rap about household chores for a minute straight on video.
235. Send me a tour of your yard/neighborhood with a terrible British accent.
236. Message random contacts an argyle sock modeling request pretending to be a photographer.
237. Do jumping jacks while debating your least favorite vegetable’s merits. Send a video.
238. Pretend to be a meme-loving alien who just discovered the internet. Send a video review of your favorites!
239. Leave someone a voicemail singing Happy Birthday in an operatic voice.
240. Send me a recipe tutorial for an utterly absurd food dish. Bonus points if you make it!
241. Make up a theme song for your pet and sing it to them while seriously serenading.
242. Do an interpretive dance showing your favorite superhero defeating their nemesis.
243. Record a weather report while doing silly poses.
244. Pretend to be a millionaire property flipper showing off your new cardboard box mansion.
245. Send me a dramatic retelling of your favorite movie scene featuring your pets.
246. Message random contacts for help with your new hobby: extreme ironing.
247. Lip-sync your favorite song using outrageous facial expressions and accents.
248. Send me a video of the coolest fort you can make with household items in five minutes.
249. Pretend to be a beauty guru influencer reviewing your favorite snack.
250. Recreate an emotional soap opera scene with someone in your house.
What Are the Benefits of Playing Truth or Dare Questions Over Text?
Can’t get together with friends? Truth or dare over text allows for remote fun and connection. This classic game has many advantages when played virtually:
Strengthens relationships – Asking juicy questions and completing silly dares builds intimacy and trust between friends, romantic partners, and even family members. You get to know people on a deeper level.
Conversation starter – Truths and dares spark new conversations that keep your interactions exciting. No more awkward silences!
Safe outlet – Everyone can open up and be themselves without fear of judgment. It creates a safe space for exploration.
Escape boredom – Flat texting convos become lively adventures! The outrageous dares and prying truths will have everyone laughing for hours.
Flexible – You can play over any messaging app with anyone whose number you have. Take the fun on the go.
Bonding – Tackling embarrassing truths and wacky challenges together forges strong connections. You’ll make lasting memories!
So next time you’re looking to liven up a long-distance friendship or relationship, whip out your phones and get the exciting truth-or-dare questions flying. Your bonds will only grow stronger!
Whether you’re looking to liven up a dull conversation or deepen intimacy in your relationships, this collection of 250 juicy, funny, and outrageous truth-or-dare questions over text is sure to do the trick. With endless hours of entertainment at your fingertips, you’ll strengthen bonds, unlock new conversations, and create priceless memories. So text your friends and loved ones, and let the wild laughs and adventures begin!